Disabled Martial Artists'
National Women's Martial Arts Federation
The NWMAF (www.nwmaf.org) - National Women's Martial Arts Federation - holds an annual "Special Training" every year, in a different location. Special Training brings together approximately 350 women, ages ranging from 7 to over 70, from all over the country and many from overseas. During the four-day event, each of the 25 guest instructors teaches three 90-minute classes in her principal art (many are masters of multiple arts). The challenge is how to decide which classes to take - there are five sessions per day, and each time period offers ten different options. Arts represented this year included Afrikan Kupigana Ngumi-Fundi, Aikido, Capoeira, Chi Kung, Escrima, Judo, Jujutsu, Kajukenbo, many flavors of Karate, Krav Maga, Kung Fu, Modern Arnis, Ninjutsu, Qi Gong, T'ai Chi Ch'uan, Tai Kwon Do and much more, including the widest array of exotic weapons you might imagine. . . Read More
Filipino Martial Arts, Escrima, Gets Noticed in the Hands of a Wheelchair Master
Filipino martial arts, escrima, gets noticed in hands of a master
As Carlito Bonjoc Jr. gets his arms going, it's best to get out of the way.
Like way out of the way.
The blur of hands wielding wide, stocky knives interspersed with flashes of reflected sunlight is a hypnotic, fluid movement. It's a bit like watching a finely choreographed dance. . . Read More
- KickStart - An organization and program, founded by Chuck Norris, that encourages students to resolve conflict productively, avoid participating in gangs, choose drug-free lifestyles, and remain in high school until they graduate. Contains details on how to join, mission statement, list of participating schools, and related information.
- (IGOR) International Grandmasters of the Roundtable - A worldwide organization open to all practitioner. Includes tournament news, newsletter, and related information.
- American Teachers Association of the Martial Arts - A democratic organization of students and instructors of all ranks, from all styles, seeking to improve the level of competency within the martial arts through a mutual exchange of knowledge. Includes history, ranking policy, teaching levels, curriculum, news, events, membership, and area chapters.
- Canadian Martial Arts Game Committee - Formed to unite the brotherhood of all Canadian martial artists and to enhance the value of the martial arts. Sponsors multicultural competitions covering Chinese Martial Arts, Ju Jitsu, Karate and Taekwondo. Includes event list and rules and divisions for each style.
- Dragon Society International - Organization for the promotion of Torite-jutsu. Information on schools, instructors and rank requirements. Includes videos, books and clothing. [Stuarts Draft, VA]
- Independent Martial Arts Federation - Serving martial artists of all styles/systems with fellowship, sharing of information, promotion and recognition. Includes fees and application form.
- International Fighters Federation - Ranks and promotions, school charter, membership, seminar and links.
- Irish Martial Arts Commission - Membership for organizations teaching Aikido, Bujutsu, Karate, Kendo, Iaido, kickboxing, Kung Fu, Ninjutsu, Tae Kwon Do and Sambo wrestling. Includes code of conduct, instructors and school locations.
- KIXA Central Power - The only approved organisation throughout the world to teach Central Power. Contains history and origins of this system as well as information on classes and membership.
- Kumite International - A non-profit rating organization in the USA dedicated to providing financial aid and college scholarships for children in sport. Also includes tournament schedule, and membership details.
- Martial Arts USA - Organization for the study of Judo/Yudo, Jujitsu, Hapkido, Yusool and Karate. [Inverness, FL]
- Mona Lisa's Sword - An organization of teachers, trainers, professionals, parents, and anyone interested in nonviolence and prevention, and self defense. Contains resources and program information.
- National Association of Karate Martial Art Schools - National governing body for both Karate, Jujitsu and a variety of other martial arts. Lists profile, publications, membership guide, events, journal, founder biographies, styles covered and general information. Located in Herne Bay, Kent.
- Qing Long Institute - Open to all styles of martial arts. Rank recognition certificates, school charters and student certificates. Membership information, school charter and supplies.
- Shambhala Black Belts - Spiritual, self-development, educational essays and music for communicating ancient Eastern Philosophy, specifically designed for martial art black belts, and martial art centers.
- Sidekick Foundation - The Sidekick Foundation is a nonprofit charity providing martial arts scholarships to at-risk youths, people with disabilities, the elderly and others.
- Taifu Budo Kokusai - The gateway to our Worldwide martial arts network organisation. This site contains links to all Taifu and associated systems.
- The Martial Arts Research Fellowship - Aimed at developing martial arts through research and investigation. Open to all styles.
- USA JuJitsu - Joint association with schools teaching Jujitsu, Judo, Yudo, Shootfighting, kickboxing and self defense. Lists services, instructors, membership and contact details.
- United Martial Arts Referees Association - Providing quality judging and officiating at sanctioned tournaments.
- United States Martial Arts Association - Non-profit organization dedicated to the unification of the martial arts community in an atmosphere of mutual respect for all styles and systems. Club directory, affiliates, biographies, events, FAQs and general information.
- United States Martial Arts Federation - Membership, club directory, affiliates, resources and general information.
- Universal Martial Arts Association - The UMAA was founded to help preserve our martial arts history and tradition. UMAA promotions are based on experience, knowledge, ability and time in grade.
- Viet Vo Dao - Information on a Vietnamese martial arts. Lists history, techniques, gallery, links and philosophy.
- Western Circle of Swordfighters - An organization of sword fighters that come together to train in a full contact combat sword martial art. Features member profiles, events calendar, forum, and contact details.
- World Martial Arts College - Membership organization that sanctions tournaments and provides school consultation and instructor and rank certification.
- Worldwide Alliance of Martial Artists - Organization offering seminars, rank recognition, certificates and tournaments.